Bring one friend for free!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and email address of the friend that will be accompanying you and he/ she will enter together with you free of charge.
Date: October 29, 2019
Time: 8 AM – 12 PM
Location: 100 N. Tampa St., Suite 2310 | Tampa, FL 33602
- The following program includes one hour of legal updates with attorney Kevin Johnson
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early
- The program is limited to a total of 12 participants
Summary of Program
How is HR viewed in your organization? Is it a strategic partner, leaned on to help solve the issues of today and tomorrow? Or is it a task-oriented operating expense? In order to get your “seat at the table,” HR must stop waiting for it to be handed to them and start taking it. The best step forward is to enhance one’s business acumen. CEOs want HR to know the numbers and the latest trends of the workplace. But how can HR professionals be more strategic when they’re so busy handling the details? This training offers a solid foundation of what Business Acumen is and provides a take-home guide as to how HR professionals can carve out time in their busy schedules to increase this important behavioral competency. Topics covered include finance, sales, and the business environment.
- Instruction from university professor, SHRM-SCP certified
- Program materials and take-away guides
- Individual exercises
- Group learning activities
- Learn where HR impacts your organization’s financial statements
- Examine the Income Statement and Balance Sheet to see HR through a financial lens
- Consider the impact of HR programs on the entire company
- Expand your knowledge of other departments
- Leverage information to boost HR's effectiveness
- Break down silos and build relationships that benefit the company
- Explore various methods to conduct an environmental scan
- Use data to improve your Strategic HR programs
- Balance internal capabilities with external opportunities